Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- The study has been approved by the ethical committee.
- Consent for publication of patients' photographs was taken from the patient/guardian of the patient.
- I have downloaded and completed the (1) Covering Letter and (2) Copyright...
Section default policy
The authors will have to accept the copyright policy of the journal and they will have to submit their acceptance in the following format,
COPY RIGHT FORM
UNIVERSITY JOURNAL OF MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY AND ORAL SCIENCES
I/we certify that I/we have participated sufficiently in contributing to the intellectual content, concept, and design of this work or the analysis and interpretation of the data (when applicable), as well as the writing of the manuscript, to take public responsibility for it and have agreed to have my/our name listed as a contributor.
I/we believe that the manuscript represents valid work. Neither this manuscript nor one with substantially similar content under my/our authorship has been published or is being considered for publication elsewhere, except as described in the covering letter. I/we certify that all the data collected during the study is presented in this manuscript and no data from the study has been or will be published separately. I/we attest that, if requested by the editors, I/we will provide the data/information or will cooperate fully in obtaining and providing the data/information on which the manuscript is based, for examination by the editors or their assignees. Financial interests, direct or indirect, that exist or may be perceived to exist for individual contributors in connection with the content of this paper have been disclosed in the cover letter. Sources of outside support of the project are named in the covering letter.
I/We hereby transfer(s), assign(s), or otherwise convey(s) all copyright ownership, including any and all rights incidental thereto, exclusively to the University Journal of Maxillofacial Surgery and Oral Sciences, in the event that such work is published by the University Journal of Maxillofacial Surgery and Oral Sciences. The University Journal of Maxillofacial Surgery and Oral Sciences shall own the work, including
- the right to grant permission to republish the article in whole or in part, with or without fee;
- the right to produce preprints or reprints and translate into languages other than English for sale or free distribution; and
- the right to republish the work in a collection of articles in any other mechanical or electronic format.
We give the rights to the corresponding author to make necessary changes as per the request of the journal, do the rest of the correspondence on our behalf and he/she will act as the guarantor for the manuscript on our behalf.
All persons who have made substantial contributions to the work reported in the manuscript, but who are not contributors, are named in the Acknowledgment and have given me/us their written permission to be named. If I/we do not include an Acknowledgment that means I/we have not received substantial contributions from non-contributors and no contributor has been omitted.
Name Signature Date signed
1 --------------- --------------- ---------------
2 --------------- --------------- ---------------
3 --------------- --------------- ---------------
4 --------------- --------------- --------------- (up to 4 contributors for case report/ images/ review)
5 --------------- --------------- ---------------
6 --------------- --------------- --------------- (up to 6 contributors for original studies)
UNIVERSITY JOURNAL OF MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY AND ORAL SCIENCES
PRIVACY STATEMENT : We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The following are our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- Information that we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you (or any third party for whom you are acting) :
- Information that you (or any third party using our site on your behalf) provided during the registration process in University Journal of Maxillofacial Surgery and Oral Sciences at the time to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material.
- We may make quarries from you when you report about any problem with the website or by permitting a third party to make transactions or make enquiries on the site on your behalf. Further, you hereby confirm that such a third party has your consent to do so.
- If you (or any third party for whom you are acting) contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data.
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
- Location information
When you use University Journal of Maxillofacial Surgery and Oral Sciences website, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We may use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS etc
- IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your personal computer, operating system, and browser type, your IP address etc. This is statistical data about website users, browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. The cookies enable us:
- To estimate website visitors and usage patterns.
- To recognize you (or any third party for whom you are acting) when you visit the website of the University Journal of Maxillofacial Surgery and Oral Sciences.
- Storage of your personal data
The data that we collect from you (or any third party for whom you are acting) will not be transferred to, or stored at, a destination outside the journal website.
All the information provided by you is stored on our secure servers where you are asked to choose a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share a password with anyone.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data but we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
- Ways of using personal information
We use information held about you (or any third party for whom you are acting) in the following ways :
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you (or any third party for whom you are acting) with information, products, or services that you (or any third party for whom you are acting) request from us or which we feel may interest you (or any third party for whom you are acting), where you (or any third party for whom you are acting) have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you (or any third party for whom you are acting) to participate in interactive features of our service when you (or any third party for whom you are acting) choose to do so.
- To notify you (or any third party for whom you are acting) about the services or changes to our service.
We may also use your data (or that of any third party for whom you are acting), or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you (or any third party for whom you are acting) with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you (or any third party for whom you are acting) and we or they may contact you by emails, or SMS or WhatsApp messages (or any third party for whom you are acting) about these by post or telephone.
- Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information (or that of any third party for whom you are acting) to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information (or that of any third party for whom you are acting) to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- Your rights
You (or any third party for whom you are acting) have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You (or any third party for whom you are acting) can also exercise the right at any time by contacting the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the above-stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.